Welcome to the Wild

Effectively Wild is your place for mediocre coverage of the Chicago Cubs, Chicago Blackhawks, Arsenal FC, and FC Kaiserslautern.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Monday


Let me start by saying I'm not a fan of either team. (My NFL loyalties are mercenary at best, usually tied more to players who help my fantasy team than to actual franchises.) Still, as Super Bowls go, that was one of the best I've seen in a while. Since I didn't really care who won, all I was looking for was a solidly played, exciting game and the Steelers and Cardinals delivered. Santonio Holmes and Kurt Warner were both money in the 4th quarter, with Holmes emerging victorious. His catch to seal the deal was Highlight City, as was teammate Harrison's 100 yard interception. Warner and Fitzgerald delivered some fireworks of their own, but they weren't enough.

Was it my imagination or did all the commercials suck complete ass this year? The only time I remember laughing was the Bud Light commercial where they throw the guy out the window. The only other time I chuckled was during the Alec Baldwin Hulu.com commercial. And that wasn't much of a chuckle. Everything else was pretty unremarkable. More dancing lizards, whatever. If you're going to spend that much for a Super Bowl ad, you really need to try harder. And only a one second ad for the Miller High Life guy? Come on Miller. I love this guy and you tease me by only giving me a second of air time? Oh well.

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments: